Saturday 12 January 2013

Design Inspirations


As an illustrator, my favourite artistic movement is Art Nouveau. I adore the organic intricate frames and women’s hair that Art Nouveau is infamous for. Art Nouveau’s embellishment style is extremely entrancing. I spend a vast amount of time studying the line work and I enjoy how it takes me on a fun journey inside paintings or architecture.

Adam Hughes
Princess Leia
http://adamhughes.deviantart.com/
Olly Moss
Return of the Jedi
http://www.ollymoss.com/galleries/posters 

Olly Moss (25) is a designer who is in the thick of the industry; with a client lineup from Lucas Films to Nike to Apple. Olly creates extremely clever designs. Many of his designs are optical illusions, making his art memorable. By only using what is needed Olly has great white space usage. As a Star Wars junkie, I appreciate the work he did for Lucas films. With only 1 colour with black and white Olly used iconic character silhouettes to frame scenes from the original trilogy. When it comes to design, I agree with Olly’s approach that the layout should only have a few colours in it; otherwise it is too overwhelming. I believe all design should be appealing in black and white but be able to use colour to only enhance it. Olly moss is a great designer that upholds a strong portfolio with out over colouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment